Hake Cake– The fish cakes are a good reference for the children reluctant to fish. Its texture and appearance are more reminiscent of a sweet dessert than a fish, which children often thank.
This hake cake is a recipe that is easy and convenient to make, because you can use frozen hake fillets directly, which is perfect if you have not planned to thaw anything before eating.
- 5 Fillets of frozen hake without skin
- 4 large red and yellow peppers
- 4 large tomatoes
- 3 Onions
- 2 Cloves of garlic
- 6 Tablespoons of olive oil
- kg of potatoes
- 200 ml of cream
- ½ Glass of milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
Hake Cake. Fish recipe for children
In a saucepan put the potatoes peeled and cut to cook and let the fire until when poking the potato with a fork note that it is cooked. We leave cooking and, while the potatoes are cooked, we make our tomato sauce.
To make the tomato sauce, in a saucepan put the six tablespoons of oil and let warm a few seconds. Add the chopped onion and chopped garlic; As soon as it starts to brown, add the tomatoes cut in 6 or 8 pieces, the salt, and leave it on medium heat for 10 to 15 minutes, stirring occasionally so that it does not stick. Subsequently we crush the mixture with the minister, until there is a thin tomato sauce. Then, in a pan, saute the pepper cut into thin slices for about ten minutes, stirring constantly.
Make a mash with potatoes, salt, cream, milk, butter and curry. It must be thick.
In a glass mold for the oven, add our tomato sauce, introduce the hake fillets into the sauce without thawing, and cover with the sauteed pepper. Cover everything with the mashed potato and put it in the oven at 200ºC for about 30 minutes, until the top of the cake is golden brown.
Easy, quick and delicious hake cake
What do you think if we include the hake cake in our next weekly menu ?
- 1 Hake cake
- 2 How to make hake cake:
- 1 Hake Cake Thermos mix
- 2 Recipe for traditional hake cake
- 3 Microwave hake pie recipe
- 1 Ingredients:
- 2 How to make hake cake in the microwave
- 400 g of hake
- 3 leeks
- 30 g of virgin olive oil
- 200 g of liquid cream for cooking
- 50 g of creamy white cheese
- 3 eggs
- chopped parsley
- grated cheese
How to make hake cake:
- We preheat the oven to 200ºC. Place the leeks in the glass of the Thermos mix, only the white part, chop 5 seconds, speed 4. Add the oil and program 16 minutes, temperature 90º, speed 1.
- Add the cream, the eggs, the cream cheese, the chopped parsley, the salt, the pepper and mix for 8 seconds, at speed 3.
- We introduce this mixture in a baking dish, and shred the hake on top. Sprinkle with grated cheese, sprinkle with a dash of oil and sprinkle a little parsley.
- Finally we take the oven, until it is ingratiated.
- A trick: To make it easier to break the hake first put it in a dish suitable for microwave, season with a splash of oil and put a couple of minutes at full power. This dish can also be made with whiting.
- Traditional hake pie recipe
- Fry onion and leeks and reserve
- Whisk cream, cheese, eggs, salt and pepper until well blended. We incorporated the leeks and the onion we beat again.
- We pour this mixture into a dish, crumbling the hake into the mixture and sprinkling it with the grated cheese and parsley.
- We introduce it in the preheated oven at 200ºC for 15 minutes, then put it to gratin until the golden surface is found.
- You will tell us what you think about this delicious hake cake!
Microwave hake cake recipe
If you are one of those who lack time for all of us, we have an easy and very quick recipe to make hake cake in a microwave oven that you surely like, prepared …?
- 1/2 kg of hake
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 glass of milk
- 2 tablespoons fried tomato
- 1 onion
How to make hake cake in the microwave
- Put a little oil in a microwave-safe pot and the finely chopped onion and garlic. Put the container in the micron ate for 5 minutes at maximum power.
- Meanwhile, chop the hake. Add the shredded fish with a sprig of chopped parsley to the bowl and connect 4 more minutes. Remove the container and throw the raw eggs, tomato sauce and half a glass of milk. Mix with the blender until a homogeneous mass is obtained.
- Grease an appropriately sized mold and pour the mixture into it. Put the mold into the microwave oven for 12 minutes, changing its position to half of that time.
- Let cool before unfolding, and serve cold or warm, garnished with mayonnaise, salad or fried tomato.
Finally, this hake cake everyone liked a lot for several reasons: because it is a quick dish and very easy to prepare, because it is a complete single dish for a quick dinner and especially because, contrary to what could happen with a golden baked or a stuffed hake , its flavor makes it perfect among fish recipes for children to eat without protest.