When you think about the recruitment process and how it works, you probably imagine a lot of paperwork, phone calls and emails. This is because most recruiters still use traditional methods to find their candidates. However, another way to approach the recruitment process is using recruitment videos. These help recruiters convey their requirements appropriately to the eligible candidates; they’re fun to create and watch!
What is a recruitment video?
A short, informative video that helps candidates understand what you’re looking for in an employee is a recruitment video, which can be used as part of the interview process to attract candidates to your company.
You should consider making one if you fall into any of these categories:
- You have many openings and need to attract a lot of candidates
- Your company culture is unique (or at least worth mentioning)
- You offer competitive benefits and perks
What are the benefits of using recruitment videos?
One of the most important parts of a job search is understanding what it’s like to work at a company. For example, you may be interested in working at a company where everyone enjoys spending happy hours with the team or taking time off together when needed.
- Recruitment videos can help companies showcase their culture and values by showing interviews with employees or even footage from your office space to glorify the view.
- When job seekers see this, they can better understand if your business is right for them and whether or not they would want to work there.
- Using video on your website can also help show potential employees that you have great benefits (like vacation days!) and perks like free food, fun events and other awesome things that make them want to apply.
Get the video done right.
- Recruitment videos can be made using different software such as Adobe Premiere Pro, Apple Final Cut Pro X and Sony Vegas Pro. These programs have templates for creating recruitment videos. You can also use iMovie on Macs or Windows Movie Maker on Windows PCs. If you don’t have the people for the job, you can always hire professionals for the same or leverage popular video tech software with proactive customer support after some research.
- How to use a recruitment video: A recruitment video should show candidates what it’s like working at your company through interviews with employees, highlighting the value of their roles and the benefits they receive by working there. Don’t forget to show pictures of your workplace and mention what makes it unique so that you don’t sound like every other company trying to attract new talent!
- Ease of using videos for recruitment: Videos are easy-to-digest content for job hunters who do not have time or interest in reading long paragraphs about why someone should work for them. They want to see what makes each company special for themselves. Videos also allow viewers’ potential employees to get inside knowledge about how things work at specific companies without having any prior connection. This is especially helpful when starting from scratch (or doing general research).
Do candidates stand out with a video resume?
The answer is yes; videos can help you stand out. A benefit of using a video resume over any other medium is that it can save both recruiters and candidates time during the recruitment process by reducing back-and-forth communication via emails or phone calls during several interviews. Video resumes also allow recruiters to view the candidate’s personality. It’s also a great way to respond to a recruitment video.
Hope you understand how recruitment videos can be used in hiring and found it exciting and maybe even have some ideas for your company to start!