The salmon is a bluefish, like a sardine and a mackerel, but of greater size and coming from the cold seas, and one of its most characteristic features is the orange color of its flesh. It is a fish highly valued for its flavor and for its nutritional properties, and one of the most popular forms in which it is marketed is smoked, but it can also be prepared at home. Do you want to know the recipe to prepare homemade smoked salmon? Keep reading!
Salmon is a fish that contains fats rich in omega-3, healthy fats that intervene in better blood circulation, cholesterol reduction and that promote the prevention of cardiovascular diseases. In addition, it is a protein source of high biological value.
The smoke is a technique food preservation their remaining moisture. Traditionally, they were subjected to a smoke bath that lengthened the shelf life and gave them a very special taste and smell. However, there are other techniques to smoke food more easily. To prepare an exquisite homemade smoked salmon, for example, you just have to marinate the salmon so that it has that special smoky flavor and aroma.
- 1 kg of fresh salmon
- 350 g of salt
- 10 g of smoked salt
- 50 g of sugar
- Spices to taste: curry, smoked paprika, etc.
- Clean the salmon well and make sure you remove all the spines.
- Prepare the marinade with salt, smoked salt, and sugar, in addition to the spices that you like.
- Put the marinade as the base of a dish, add the salmon loins and add more marinade. Cover it with clear paper and keep it in the refrigerator for a minimum of 24 hours.
- After that time, remove the salmon and pass it through the water to eliminate the marinade: dry it well and cut the salmon loins into thin slices.
Your homemade smoked salmon is ready!
A tip: salmon, being a fish that will be consumed raw, it is important to freeze it at -24 ° C for at least 24 hours before preparing it to avoid it being contaminated with anisakis.
Smoked salmon can be used to make delicious, original dishes: it can be part of salty cakes, on top of pizzas and costs, or inside sandwiches and sandwiches. In a crêpe it is irresistible!
It can also be included in salads: with arugula, avocado, nuts, fruit, mango, etc. And in pinchitos with dice of fruit and vegetables. Of course, in creams, purees or salmorejos, or even in sauces to accompany them with bread or vegetable sticks!
And there are so many recipes !: egg with broccoli and cubes of smoked salmon, a dip of fresh cheese, salmon and dill, or even salty waffles with homemade smoked salmon and dill cream!
And what do you think of a cereal bagel with salmon and avocado?
- 480 g of smoked salmon
- 120 g of avocado
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 120 g of cheese spread
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon of chives
- Cut the salmon into thin slices and reserve it.
- Cut the avocado into slices and add the lime juice, oil, salt, and chives.
- Spread the spread cheese on the bagel.
- Put the avocado and salmon over the bagel.
With a little patience, you can enjoy a delicious homemade smoked salmon. It is so easy to prepare! Enjoy the properties of salmon adding it in this way to an infinite number of recipes.
It takes less than a minute to get started. cialis Frequently Asked Questions.