Australia is the flattest, driest, and oldest inhabited continent. It measures around 7.6 million kilometres and is the largest country by land area in Oceania.
When you frequent the gym or just a fitness buff in general, you have probably heard of whey protein. In addition, bodybuilders and athletes have been using protein supplements to aid their muscle-building process.
Because these supplements are meant to be consumed, people would naturally prefer to buy the best whey protein in Australia available.
What is whey protein?
Whey protein is the protein you can get from whey or the watery part of milk that splits from the curds when making cheese. It is known to improve the nutrient content of your diet and can also have positive effects on the immune system.
People take whey protein for improved athletic performance, increased muscle building and strength. This can also be consumed by people with asthma, diabetes, and even weight loss.
Benefits associated with taking whey protein
Many benefits are associated with consuming protein drinks, and studies are continuously being conducted to find out more about these supplements.
- Whey protein aids in weight loss. In addition, some studies found that those who took protein drinks had a considerable loss in terms of body fat and were shown to preserve more lean muscle than those consuming a control beverage.
- Protein drinks are known to have anti-cancer properties. In one study conducted by Anticancer Research, there were promising results with the consumption of whey protein in cancer patients. However, more research must still be undertaken to establish more credible results.
- Drinking whey protein can help lower cholesterol. A study published by The British Journal of Nutrition found a significant decrease in total cholesterol and LDL cholesterol levels at the 12th week who used whey protein versus that given casein.
- Whey protein has positive effects on asthma. Studies have shown that whey protein could improve children’s immune response to asthma. In that study, children were given 10 grams of whey protein a day for a month, resulting in an enhanced immune response.
- It helps with blood pressure and cardiovascular disease. For example, published research shows that beverages supplemented with whey protein considerably reduced blood pressure in patients with hypertension. Thus, the risk of developing heart disease or a stroke is less.
Possible risks when taking whey protein
There can be some risks when you take whey protein in its suggested servings or when you do not consult a doctor or your fitness coach before taking it. Some people may be allergic to whey, especially when allergic to milk.
There is very little chance that they can harm your body in moderate doses. however, when taken in excessive amounts, it can lead to:
- Stomach pains
- Suppressed appetite
This is why you should first read the instructions on the packaging to get the correct dosage of whey that is safe for you to consume. If you have allergies or other conditions, consulting your doctor would be the best choice.
Undoubtedly, whey protein has many benefits for your body. Therefore, it is no surprise that people only want to buy the best whey protein in Australia. However, before taking protein drinks, ensure that you have correctly followed the correct dosage.