Discover the main benefits of eggplant. And incorporate it into your diet to lose weight and cleanse the body. It is the “detox” food that never fails!
After times of excesses like Christmas, it is necessary to recover healthy habits such as extending the time dedicated to sport or return to that diet that we struggle so hard. But after a few days makes us feel much better inside and out. Among the foods to be included in a healthy and balanced diet. Focused on purifying the body of toxins that it does not need. The delicious eggplant must be present. A vegetable with a large amount of water that stimulates the sensation of satiety improves blood circulation. And reduces the much-feared cholesterol, among many other properties. Here are the benefits of eggplant.
Because of its high water content (93%). And its practically null contribution of proteins. And calories, aubergines are very used at this time to achieve one of the objectives that we always set ourselves at the beginning of the year: lose weight. Good for the skin and excellent source of antioxidants. Eating aubergines are also highly positive for our digestion as they increase the production of bile.
- High content of minerals such as phosphorus, potassium or iron and vitamins A, B1, B2 and C.
- Fight insomnia.
- Prevents atherosclerosis.
- It gives us a lot of soluble fiber (2.5 grams of fiber per 100 grams of eggplant).
- It is recommended in people with hypertension problems due to its low sodium content.
- Protects the liver, is digestive and diuretic.
- Its skin and seeds contain chemicals that help maintain cholesterol at optimal levels, inhibiting its synthesis in the liver and preventing it from oxidizing and adhering to the arterial walls.
- It helps to control sugar.
- It is appropriate for diabetics because it contains very few carbohydrates and a lot of fiber. Which reduces the speed of absorption of sugars from other foods. As well as substances that help to keep it under control, such as trigonelline. Discover here the nutritional information of eggplant.
- It reduces blood pressure since it facilitates the work of the heart. And supports the eliminating function of the kidneys.
- It is good for the nervous system thanks to the presence of vitamin B6, B1. And the magnesium in significant quantities, strengthening and improving the mood. It also protects the brain by containing nausin, a phenolic acid that helps the membranes of neurons, fighting various nervous disorders.
- It is not counterproductive in pregnant women. As its high vitamin B6 content prevents gestational diabetes and relieves nausea.
If you do not like them, you can pretend they are not
Eggplant is one of the most versatile vegetables in the kitchen. So if you do not like them too much you will find many ways to “disguise” them in your dishes to take advantage of all their benefits and properties. For example, you can bet on a delicious mousaka or a delicious baba ganoush.